Travelling through mountains and vast ricefields...

Before I start with my International adventures, let me take you on a quick trip to the Philippines' rice capital and heading northwards to Baguio. It took an almost 8-hour trip from Manila to Isabela.


On the way to Isabela we saw this beautiful morning sight. A glimpse of Mother Nature's glory. We started off from Manila at 4:30 in the morning and arrived in Santiago, Isabela at 2 in the afternoon. The sights to see along the journey was, well, rice fields after rice fields (what do you expect? we were passing by Philippines' Rice Bowl: Tarlac and Nueva Ecija!)
















After several rice fields (which I lost count by the way...) We have arrived in Santiago, Isabela!


You may wonder what I did in Isabela by the way, I went to attend one of the most touching and beautiful weddings I have ever attended. It was very solemn and heartfelt... Anyways, on our trip back the most unusual thing happened. We passed by this albino carabao before we got to Isabela, and when we were passing back, I tried to take a photo of that carabao. And what it did was go up this ledge, turn towards me as if saying: "Hey this is the right pose I was asking you to do! Here's the photo of that carabao...


That carabao sure made me laugh on the way home! We saw a lot of mountain views and nature trails along the way. What a relaxing sight to the eyes. While listening to John Williams' "Journey to the Past" and "Schindler's List" on my iPod on the way home, I can't help but compose a poem in my head. Here's how it goes:

"Sa maikling panahon, ay aking namalas,
kagandahang taglay na biyaya mula sa Kanya...
Kay lungkot isipin, sa sasandaling panahon ay aking nayakap,
Luntiang paligid at sariwang hangin ng kabundukan,
Sa aking paglisan, baon ko'y kanyang ganda,
Na sa aking paglalakbay, isang magandang ala-ala,
Magbibigay kasiyahan sa tuwing ako'y malulumbay..."

Translation:
"In a short period of time, I have seen,
It's beauty and blessings that came from Him...
The sadness that lingers in my thoughts, that in that shortness I was able to embrace,
Its green surrounding the fresh air that the mountains give,
As I leave, I bring with me, the memories of its beauty,
And on my journey home, a sweet thought lingers,
Of what joy it has brought me, when sadness comes knocking on my door..."




Comments

Popular Posts