The many faces of the Metropolis…

It was a normal day Thursday. But it turns out I will be out of my seat. I was informed by Jay Paul one of the producers of TRiBE a show on NET 25, that we would be going around the metropolis and I could go with them as they shoot for their feature which was all about asking people’s opinion whether they prefer home-cooked meal or fast food meal. I was like: Nice. How hard could that be? That would just be in and around of metro, right?

Here's a slideshow of the photos on the shoot:


Our ride beeps outside the lobby and off we went along the streets of metro. It was really hot. The temperature around Metro Manila must be at least at 36. And as we soaked our eyes with city sights and more, our ride goes on a halt as we now have stopped right in front of the Muñoz Bridge, near SM North and from where I was standing, if you’re going to look at the rightmost direction, its EDSA, and behind me would be Congressional. The Muñoz Bridge would be the focal point where people, young and old alike would converge and would just serve as a passageway for wherever they would be going. This X on the road, serves as a meeting point, passageway or just every term you might come up with. So I held on to my camera and let it capture one of the many faces of the metropolis.

Every now and then, my camera would point at the direction where Eunice and TRiBE team would shoot their upcoming feature. It was exciting to go out with the team as I don’t get to go out often and it would be a nice turnaround. And on the plus side, I get to see the action what goes on behind the scenes!

And since the topic was food, or should I say what would be your favorite kind of dish, a home-cooked meal or one that comes from fast foods, I guess it was really by chance that we found this small eatery nearby that does just that.

Home cooked meals are their specialty and boy was I getting hungrier by the minute just by looking at it and smelling it! But we still had to cross the Muñoz Bridge by foot to get to the other side and still do some interviews.

So we walked… and walked… and walked. It was really hot. We were in the shade doing some interviews of people passing by yet it was very humid. So staying in the shade was pointless. Might as well just walk and you won’t feel it. So we went to the market to ask bystanders what’s their type of meal: home-cooked or fast-food? But my lens where focusing somewhere else.

I never knew, that in a span of just an hour or so while I was out on shoot with the TRiBE team, my camera could capture one of the many faces of the metropolis. The busy city streets, crowded markets, the local cuisine and our fellow Filipinos who pass by these streets to earn a living, to wait for friends, a place to eat, or just get to know the metro a little bit more than just a road sign or a landmark. And as we headed back home, a wonderful home cooked meal awaits our hungry tummies despite the heat. Nothing beats going in and around the city, to get to know your place a bit more, I’m sure I learned a lot in that short time. That’s just one of my many trips in and around the metropolis. And that’s while I was with the TRiBE team while they do their shooting. Which by the way will air soon on NET 25. TRiBE is a short show with loads of info, shown every Saturday and Sunday @ 7:30 in the evening! I’ve been to their TRiBE Earth and Art last March. It was great! Till my next blog…

Comments

Popular Posts