A walk down the paths of History...

I'm skipping chapter four of the fourth trip on my list. One reason: I still can't find the photos. But I will give you a glimpse of it maybe on the next blogs.

(Dr. Jose P. Rizal's footsteps)

One of my memorable trips, aside from myself turning 22 on my birthday, we took a walk down the paths in history... (this was featured on Landmarks NET 25's History and Travel Show in HD, if I'm not mistaken a month later.)

Welcome to Intramuros!

The Fort Santiago in Intramuros, still stands today as a symbol of the once grandeur of the Spanish colony. The Philippines was colonized for 300 years by the Spaniards, then by the Americans, and then by the Japanese during the World War. During the World War, the Intramuros was bombarded to flush out the Japanese. Visiting this place was like going back in time. Another info about this place is, this is the place where Dr. Jose P. Rizal, Philippines' national hero was incarcerated before he was shot in Bagumbayan, now called Luneta Park on December 30, 1896.



















(right: A Spanish holding cell, now with plants growing. top: Dr. Jose Rizal's medical tools)

Intramuros is now one of Manila's must-see sights if you want
to go back in time of course. You will be able to re-visit Dr. Rizal's holding cell, see his footsteps leading to Luneta Park, and other Spanish architecture that still survives today.


Luneta Park (far shot) and Dr. Jose Rizal's statue in Luneta Park (top)


Next stop on my walk down the paths of history is Paco Park. Manila's oldest cemetery. It was the cemetery for the rich and the poor. Here are some photos:






Walking down those paths made me more prouder of my heritage as a Filipino. The rich history and culture that we have. Our heritage sites that I could boast to our world. That's it mostly... for now at least. Next on my blog: Onto International Waters, Day 1! Catch everyone later...

Comments

Popular Posts