Night at the Met Museum

I was lucky to go with the TRiBE team again. And this time they were invited by the Israeli Embassy to the Metropolitan Museum in Manila, to feature one of their renowned photographers.

I’ve always been fascinated by Israel. The place, the people, food and the scenery were just among the reasons on my short list why I wanted to go to Israel. And attending this kind of event from the Israeli Embassy is a privilege and it gave me a glimpse into their fascinating sceneries and people through the photo exhibit. Before the event started, Mr. Zvi Vapni, the Ambassador of Israel was interviewed by the team about his favorite photo in the entire exhibit.

While taking photos of the event someone tapped my back, and when I turned to see who it was, Señor Jose Rodriguez, Director of the Instituto Cervantes was there smiling and asking in Spanish:

“You’re here, who are you with, are you by yourself?”

“Mi hermana,” I reply smiling and then pointing to my sister.

“Ah, muy bien. It’s good that the event is being covered by TV and you’re here. Good to see you. Catch you later,” he said laughingly. He’s a jolly man, that señor.

Over-all, the event was great! Made me want to go to Israel for real! I enjoyed every bit of the event and the photos taken.




Comments

Popular Posts